To succeed in an era of tight budgets and increasing costs, managers must have good information about their operations, staff, participant needs, service utilization and costs, and contract provider performance. TMG works closely with organizations to develop informational reports and management's capacity to use them to guide improvement in service delivery and organizational performance.
TMG's approach is not about building a new database, information systems, or reporting requirements. It is about using what already exists. Drawing on each organization's own information systems, reporting data, and external databases, TMG individualizes its approach to the unique needs of each organization. TMG is currently working with a multi-county long- term care system to use available data to develop a set of management reports and processes. These are focused on improving cost efficiency, resource development, care planning and development, and contracting. Taking a similar approach, TMG has developed a set of Program Performance Profiles for each of Wisconsin's 72 counties which provide county-specific and statewide comparison information about a set of 20 program performance and outcome measures.
Working with public and private sector organizations, TMG has demonstrated over the past
22 years the ability to:
- Analyze data about system performance, giving managers important information about their operations.
- Show managers how their system's performance compares with peer organizations, and the implications of that performance for service cost and quality.
- Guide quality improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Support case managers and supervisors in the development and management of individual case plans.
- Support improved cost efficiency by providing better information with which to negotiate and manage contracts.
- Anticipate and manage trends in client needs, service utilization, and costs.
- Maximize the use of available financial resources.
TMG is proud of the utility, cost efficiency, and customer satisfaction these tools have generated.